The American Suntanning Association is a values-based coalition of professional sunbed salons committed to teaching the vision of responsible and balanced sun care and engaging in higher-level discussion about UV exposure and indoor tanning. The ASA’s primary objective will be to play a lead role in the development of scientifically supported information regarding UV light from the sun, sunbeds and spray tanning by working with scientific groups, government agencies and the media.
Founded in 2012, the American Suntanning Association is committed to growing the industry through a detailed and proactive plan directed by an all-salon board and executed by more than two dozen management and consulting team members who specialize in this type of work.
- Melinda Norton, ASA Board President, Larry Paul Tanning, based in Terre Haute, IN
- Roger Holmes, Celsius Tannery, based in Kansas City, MO
- Chris Sternberg, Sun Tan City, based in Elizabethtown, KY
- Diane Lucas, Palm Beach Tan, based in Dallas, TX
- Mat Rockey, Fabutan Suntan Studios, based in Calgary, AB
- Matt Russell, Executive Director
- Joseph Levy, Scientific Advisor
- Whitney Tyler, Director of Legislative Affairs
- Bart Bonn, Immediate Past President